Burrell Law, P.C. understands the quandary facing many startups and small businesses; how to obtain quality legal services at rates that don’t crush cash balances.
As a result, the following fee schedule is shown for full transparency in advance (unlike other billing customs noted by a certain venture capitalist) so clients can effectively budget for the outstanding services they will receive.
Hourly Fee Rate
For complex legal matters, Burrell Law, P.C. charges $525 per hour for legal work, which means that clients are not billed for administrative time, such as time related to for filing documents, travel, supplies, and other miscellaneous charges that other firms pass on to clients. A retainer covering up to ten hours of prospective legal work is required for those matters subject to hourly billing.
***INQUIRE ABOUT THE FIRM’S ACCEPTANCE OF SELECT CRYPTOCURRENCIES IN EXCHANGE FOR SERVICES***
A flat-fee rate is offered for other matters, such as drafting an operating agreement or drafting a confidentiality agreement (NDA), that can be performed with some degree of predictability. Burrell Law, P.C. is offering flat fee rates for the following services:
Full-stack business formation services – $5,250
- Full advisory regarding the proper entity structure (S-Corporation, C-Corporation, LLC)
- Preparation of formation documents and required filings for New York & Delaware and initial board of directors’ consents
- Preparation of governance agreements, such as Bylaws, operating agreements, and conflict of interest policies
- Preparation of founders’ agreements, intellectual property assignments, stock option agreements, executive compensation agreements, LLC profits interests agreements
- Preparation of initial capital funding agreements, such as founders’ stock subscription and stock restriction agreements, membership subscription agreements, and other equity grants with the related cap table
- Draft convertible note agreements, promissory note agreements, grid loan agreements, the respective term sheets, and other agreements related to accepting seed capital from friends & family and other “angel” investors
Convertible Notes, Series Seed & Simple Agreement for Future Equity (“SAFE”) Agreements – $4,200
Includes unlimited legal billable time for term negotiations with counterparty investors
LLC Operating Agreement for 1-3 Members -$1,575
Includes advisory on capital account maintenance and membership subscriptions