James S. Burrell, II, Founder
As a business attorney, James has a passion for helping entrepreneurs establish a strong business structure foundation while keeping the proverbial “exit” – IPO, asset sale, merger or acquisition – in mind for the entrepreneur and small business founders. A strong foundation makes it easier for small businesses and start-ups to attract capital, and thus the proper business structure facilitates accessing money and working capital to accelerate growth. James actively tracks the dynamic legal landscape in order to locate innovative opportunities for his clients. James’s ultimate goal for clients is to help them improve profitability and reduce risk.
- Corporate Law
- Securities Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”)
- Asset Acquisitions and Sales
- Exempt Securities Issuances
- Corporate Tax Law
- Virtual Currencies & Blockchain Regulations
- Cross-border Transactions
- Renewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Software Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Member of the Bar of the State of New York
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (“SDNY”)
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (“EDNY”)
- LL.M in Taxation, New York Law School 2018
- J.D., New York Law School 2005
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University 1995
Before the practice of law, James’s work experience included sell-side trading, equity market making, and institutional sales of private placements. James’s experience in the financial services industry adds value to clients because he can effectively balance risk-reduction goals with profit-maximization goals as well as devise creative solutions to achieve a client’s targeted outcome.
James’s passions, outside of finance & law, are international travel, fashion, and technology. A current member of American Mensa & self-proclaimed reformed hacker, James has been using the internet since his mother gave him a 300 baud modem for Christmas in 1985.
James Burrell also believes that as a global citizen, every being on the earth is entitled to a clean habitable existence and advancements in sustainable and renewable technologies can help all species on our planet. James offers legal services that aid companies learn about incentives and other strategies that can be implemented towards achieving global sustainability.